How much time do you spend sitting? If you are like most Americans, it’s probably in the range of 9.3 hours a day1. Add to that an average of 7.7 hours of sleep and about 70% of our day is completely sedentary.
- Schedule 10-minute activity breaks throughout the day.
- Take 5 minutes out of every hour to stand up and stretch.
- Bounce! Even 5 minutes on a personal rebounder like the Cellerciser can bring health to ever cell of your body!
- Drink more spring water (add some flavor and herbs with Jing Soda herbal concentrates) so you can take more bathroom breaks and stretch your muscles.
- Choose the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Find the furthest parking space from your destination so you still have to walk to get there. (Remember, walking burns 3-5 times the number of calories that sitting does!)
- Place your printer a short distance away from your computer so you have to get up and walk to it rather than having it next to your computer.