Cleansing Charcoal Soap is a botanical bar soap crafted with purifying activated charcoal which acts like a magnet to remove toxins from the skin. The beneficial binding action makes it a formidable cleanser as it binds to toxins, purifying pores.
The charcoal is swirled into soap with cacao butter, golden jojoba, and virgin coconut oil to drench the skin in marvelous amounts of moisture. Saponified olive oil works with the activated charcoal to cleanse the skin and purify pores. Lemon myrtle, patchouli, and palmarosa clarify and rejuvenate the skin, while zesty lemongrass and grapefruit revive the spirit.
The essential oils in our soaps potently modulate odor-causing bacteria without disrupting the protective barrier of the skin. Commercial bars soaps contain harsh surfactants that disrupt the structure of the skin, which causes dryness, irritation, and inflammation.
Body-Cleansing Organic Ingredients
1. Activated Charcoal – This cleansing carbon acts like a magnet to remove toxins from the skin. The beneficial binding action makes it a formidable cleanser as it binds to toxins in pores. This black powder unearths refreshed skin as it purifies pathogens and cleanses complexions.
2. Cacao Butter (Theobroma cacao) – Our certified-raw, heirloom cacao butter is as beneficial as it is delectable. Sweet, buttery cacao infuses every inch of skin with rejuvenating antioxidants and soothing moisture.
3. Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis) – Glorious, golden jojoba nourishes and conditions thirsty skin. Jojoba has an unparalleled ability to moisturize the skin, balance oil production, deep clean pores, and create long-lasting conditioning effects that soften skin to perfect silk. It is packed with peptides and lipids and contains the highest levels of phenolic compounds found in nature along with antioxidants and all soluble forms of vitamin E.
4. Saponified Olive Oil (Olea europaea) - Saponified olive oil captures all of the nourishing, moisturizing properties of olive oil while enhancing the oil’s ability to clean the skin, hair, and scalp. Saponification is a chemical reaction that occurs when the oil is treated with a highly alkaline solution. Fats are hydrolyzed before combining with alkali to form natural glycerin, a softening agent. This creates soap with a very low pH. Saponified olive oil is said to increase skin’s porousness to help the skin release toxins and absorb moisture.
5. Virgin Coconut (Cocos nucifera) Oil – Our pure, pristine virgin coconut oil satiates skin, offering magnificent moisture and resilience. Coconut oil smoothes the appearance of fine lines, and is a sentinel for the skin’s moisture barrier.
6. Lemon Myrtle (Backhousia citriodora) Essential Oil – Zesty, zingy lemon myrtle essential oil is lemonier than lemon. Also known as Lemon Ironwood and Sweet Verbena Tree, the leaves and young branches of the lemon myrtle tree are steam distilled in Australia. A little goes a long way with this cheerful, clarifying oil, which is splendid for clearing stagnant air, sedentary energy, and sluggish skin. Beyond its uplifting cheer, it contains serious amounts of citral (95%!) along with neral and geranial. Lemon myrtle is magnificent at expelling underarm odors.
7. Palmarosa (Cymbopogon martini) Essential Oil – Pleasant palmarosa is distilled from a tropical, fragrant grass resulting in an aromatic oil that smells like a lemony-geranium-rose and is simply splendid for the nose! This formidable skin rejuvenator is rich in mighty monoterpenols, emollient esters, loving linalool, and generous geraniols. It is packed with beneficial botanical compounds. This potent oil tones and rejuvenates the skin. It is used to support radiant skin and to achieve balance between oiliness and dryness
8. Grapefruit (Citrus paradisi) Essential Oil – Cleansing, tightening grapefruit refreshes the skin while toning the appearance and texture of the skin.
9. Lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus) Essential Oil - Enliven your life with Lemongrass essential oil. This lively essence distilled from tropical-grass goodness is effervescent in its ability to animate mind, emotions, and spirit. If one is feeling fatigue or foggy in the morning, this physically and psychologically invigorating essence is the perfect way to start the day by inhaling, showering, or bathing. Brimming with monoterpenoid aldehydes, it also adored for its opulent amounts of jovial citral, gentle geraniol, and body-loving d-limonene. It is a terrific toning oil for caring of the skin’s connective tissue, muscle-melting massages, aiding athlete’s feet, and stimulating sluggish skin areas.
10. Patchouli (Pogostemon cablin) Essential Oil – Patchouli is well known as a fragrant oil often associated with the ‘hippie movement’ that began in North America in the 1960s. As natural as the 1960’s movement was, the patchouli of that era was often synthetic. Pure patchouli is actually more sacred and ancient than one might realize, having been used as a natural deodorant and skin tonic throughout Asia for hundreds of years. Patchouli is used to regulate sweat, absorb excess oil, and soothe skin.
Experience the difference real ingredients, without chemicals and preservatives, can make in the texture and appearance of your skin!
Container Size: 4.23 oz / 120 g
All Organic Ingredients: Activated Charcoal, Theobroma cacao (Cacao), Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba), Cocos nucifera (Coconut), Saponified Olea europaea (Olive), Backhousia citriodora (Lemon Myrtle), Cymbopogon martini (Palmarosa), Citrus paradisi (Grapefruit), Cymbopogon citratus (Lemongrass), and Pogostemon cablin (Patchouli).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.